LAS VEGAS, Nevada – (Consumer Electronics Show 2011) – January 6, 2011 – Technicolor (Euronext Paris: TCH; NYSE: TCH) today launches its new MediaNavi platform designed to make navigating the universe of content simple, seamless, and social for consumers everywhere. MediaNavi serves both consumer electronics manufacturers striving to maximize the value of their connected devices, as well as network service providers in the broadband cable, telco, and satellite markets. Technicolor is also announcing a partnership with TalkTalk, a leading UK broadband provider, to trial MediaNavi on tablets as a personalized and enriched second screen video experience. In further collaboration, the two companies are working together on the future integration of MediaNavi into TalkTalk’s set-top-boxes. Technicolor’s new platform will be demonstrated for the first time at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2011 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
“We are very pleased to be working with Technicolor on the next generation of multi-screen, personalized video solutions,” said Max Alexander, Director TalkTalk TV. “With Technicolor’s MediaNavi, we are looking at new ways to provide a consistent approach across multiple devices and to be able to offer our customers a truly premiere user interface within a touch screen tablet device.”
“We are very pleased to work with a progressive network service provider such as TalkTalk,” said Frederic Rose, CEO, Technicolor. “With MediaNavi, we’re committed to helping TalkTalk provide an enhanced user experience to their consumers, while helping to reduce churn and grow their client base.”
As more home and portable devices become Internet connected, cloud-based solutions such as MediaNavi help consumers enjoy a more robust yet simplified experience. MediaNavi stimulates consumers to discover and enjoy content in a more simple and seamless manner via advanced metadata techniques combined with MediaNavi’s new multi-screen, touch enabled interface. These techniques also enable a “backstage” view into the content details in a TV first friendly manner that keeps the detail on the MediaNavi device and the desired show on the consumer’s big screen TV.
- TalkTalk now has 4.25 million phone and broadband customers signed up to TalkTalk and Aol Broadband.
- TalkTalk operates a fully unbundled network, which extends to over 2,000 exchanges and covers over 80% of the population.
- In uSwitch's Customer Satisfaction Report 2010, TalkTalk was voted the best value for money home phone provider. And in Top10.com's Broadband Awards 2010, TalkTalk Essentials was voted the best home broadband. TalkTalk also picked up Top10.com's best broadband and home phone award.
- www.talktalk.co.uk is the online hub for customers to manage their account, use their webmail, resolve their problems and access a range of information and entertainment content. The site is used by nearly three million users every month.
- TalkTalk is one of seven partners behind YouView (www.youview.com), the new internet-connected TV service, along with the BBC, ITV, BT, Channel 4, Arqiva and Five. YouView is expected to launch to UK homes in mid 2011.
- Follow TalkTalk on Twitter and on our blog: @TalkTalkTips and www.talktalkblog.co.uk
Technicolor is home to industry-leading creative and technology professionals committed to the creation, management and delivery of entertainment content to consumers around the world. Propelled by a culture of innovation and underpinned by a dedicated research organization, the company’s thriving licensing business possesses an extensive intellectual property portfolio focused on imaging and sound technologies. Serving motion picture, television, and other media clients, the company is a leading provider of high-end visual effects, animation, and postproduction services. In support of network service providers and broadcasters globally, Technicolor ranks among the worlds’ leading suppliers of digital content delivery services and home access devices, including set-top boxes and gateways. The company also remains a large physical media service provider, being one of the world’s largest film processors and independent manufacturers and distributors of DVDs and Blu-ray™ Discs. Euronext Paris: TCH - NYSE:TCH - www.technicolor.com
Technicolor is a company listed on NYSE Euronext Paris and NYSE stock exchanges, and this press release contains certain statements that constitute "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the "safe harbor" of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such forward-looking statements are based on management's current expectations and beliefs and are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from the future results expressed, forecasted or implied by such forward-looking statements. For a more complete list and description of such risks and uncertainties, refer to Technicolor’s filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and its filings with the French Autorité des marchés financiers.