Technicolor reinforces its presence at Cannes with 11 films included in the official selection for the 65th festival
14 May 2012
Paris, 14 May 2012 – Eleven films in the Official Selection for the 65th Cannes Film Festival benefit from Technicolor’s legendary visual and audio know-how. The impressive number illustrates the company’s commitment to film industry creators, distributors and partners.
Among the 11 feature films chosen for this year’s Official Selection, which Technicolor contributed to, six are in competition including the opening feature, Wes Anderson’s Moonrise Kingdom.
Technicolor is proud that its teams in North America (Hollywood, Montreal, New York, Toronto) and Europe (Boulogne-Billancourt, France and Rome) supplied services to:
- Moonrise Kingdom, directed by Wes Anderson (Opening film, in competition)
- Cosmopolis, directed by David Cronenberg (In competition)
- Lawless, directed by John Hillcoat (In competition)
- The Paperboy, directed by Lee Daniels (In competition)
- Reality, directed by Matteo Garrone (In competition)
- De Rouille et d’Os (Rust and Bone), directed by Jacques Audiard (In competition)
- Io e Te (Me and You), directed by Bernardo Bertolucci (Out of competition)
- Antiviral, directed by Brandon Cronenberg (Un Certain Regard)
- Laurence Anyways, directed by Xavier Dolan (Un Certain Regard)
- Le grand soir, directed by Benoît Delépine and Gustave Kervern (Un Certain Regard)
- Dario Argento’s Dracula, directed by Dario Argento (Midnight screening)
Technicolor’s Creative Services - which include post-production, visual effects, animation, digital cinema distribution and content coding and formatting for transmission, help its clients make the transition to digital technologies. The company serves major and independent film studios as well as distributors, advertisers and producers of software and video games.
While Cannes has always been a central event for Technicolor, this year’s festival is especially important in light of the company’s recent launch of digital post-production and dubbing services in France, reinforcing its worldwide leadership. Technicolor acquired the activities of ADJ (Auditoriums de Joinville), SIS (Société Industrielle de Sonorisation), ScanLab and Duboi in January, at the same time as it announced the creation of a film and television dubbing studio in France.
Save the date
Technicolor welcomes guests to its lounge at the Majestic beach during the 65th Cannes Film Festival, May 16-27.
Technicolor, a worldwide technology leader in the media and entertainment sector, is at the forefront of digital innovation. Our world class research and innovation laboratories enable us to lead the market in delivering advanced video services to content creators and distributors. We also benefit from an extensive intellectual property portfolio focused on imaging and sound technologies, based on a thriving licensing business. Our commitment: supporting the delivery of exciting new experiences for consumers in theaters, homes and on-the-go.
Euronext Paris: TCH www.technicolor.com
+33 1 41 86 53 93
+33 1 41 86 55 95