- MARKETING SERVICES
- DIGITAL CINEMA
Our Los Angeles based Broadcast team is made up of some of the most sought-after talent in the industry. Whether working with a production on dailies, editing, color-grading or VFX, we consistently help producers achieve the best results in the TV industry. We also offer on-location broadcast services that are second to none, giving you studio quality, real-time control while near the set.
- Broadcast pilots and series now require mobile agility. Our well respected On Location Services team is here to provide solutions to your ever-changing workflow needs and manage the dailies and deliverables process anywhere your production takes you. Comprised of a cohesive group of production engineers, software developers and dailies timers our team has worked extensively on location for broadcast projects to ensure a seamless production.
- Technicolor’s DP Lights is a high quality on-set color primary grading toolset that creates looks in real time during production, allowing the DP to adjust for lighting and story subtleties while preserving the original digital camera negative. DP Lights is compliant with the ASC CDL (Color Decision List), which offers a more efficient post production experience by guaranteeing the consistency of looks from color corrected dailies to final look. Our system goes on-set to provide instantaneous color correction and pre-visualization for total creative control matching set lighting and is compatible with our digital dailies solution.
- To facilitate your production experience (from content acquisition flowing seamlessly into editorial) we are introducing our latest innovations for a comprehensive, file-based digital dailies solution.
Originally developed by our Technicolor Cahuenga (Laser Pacific) team of production engineers, software developers and dailies timers, this new solution brings together the best facets of Technicolor’s existing color science, including the latest evolution of DP Lights™ and post-production expertise.
This new solution is an automated file-based software for dailies that we can deploy on-location (or near location) for pilots but have also installed within many of our global locations- unifying our dailies offering on-location and in-house. When your production comes back to Los Angeles you can be assured that the same process and talent is carefully handling your content.
This software-based solution can provide a bevy of services via its “one box” approach for all dailies operations. It delivers editorial material (AVID, etc.) and/or desktop dailies (Pix, Dax, iPad or Jellyroll) and can render material on DVD and BluRay in minutes.
- Technicolor Hollywood grew out of our Complete Post business and is comprised of the best finishing editorial team in the television industry. Our broadcast editorial team works seamlessly with our team of colorists and color-scientists, providing all editorial post-processes related to finishing a broadcast production.
- Technicolor Hollywood has been the leader in Color Grading for TV broadcast productions and series for the last two decades. We are committed to maintaining the best team of broadcast colorists in the industry and recently expanded to include the world-class colorists at Laser Pacific (our recent acquisition). Technicolor provides color grading for every major network and serves a veritable “who’s who” of award winning cinematographers, filmmakers, and producers. Our optimized workflows allow for quick turnaround of dailies color-grading, supported by the most knowledgeable color-science team in the industry.
- Led by Paul Hill, our Hollywood facility uses a boutique-style, tactical “hit squad” approach to provide broadcast visual effects for Technicolor’s vast array of customers. Using state-of-the-art tools and methods, our Hollywood VFX team forms an integral part of Technicolor’s “one stop” shop for broadcast services.