- MARKETING SERVICES
- DIGITAL CINEMA
Technicolor Digital Cinema has been a pioneer in the advancement of digital cinema since it first launched in 1999.
With locations worldwide, Technicolor Digital Cinema offers content owners and distributors the most comprehensive set of digital cinema services in the industry. We offer mastering for 2D and 3D features, trailers and advertising as well as satellite and hard drive distribution. We also provide fulfillment services for accessories like 3D glasses, while providing the technology and support that digital cinema content owners and distributors need in today’s global market.
Technicolor Digital Cinema currently services cinemas in 35 countries, mastering and distributing features for every major studio and several independent studios. Technicolor delivers features via satellite to more digital cinema locations than any other provider in the industry. We also deliver weekly pre-show advertising content to over 6,000 screens.
- Mastering for Features, Trailers and Advertising (2D & 3D)
- International Versioning, Titling, Editorial and Inserts
- Fully-equipped Screening Rooms for Client QCs
- Hard Drive Replication & Worldwide Distribution
- Satellite Distribution
- Digital Key Management
- Fulfillment services
- “24/7” Multi-lingual Customer Support
- We have developed a series of robust processes and tools to support the ingest, conversion and mastering of multiple file formats, resolutions and frame rates for all content (both 2D and 3D DCPs) destined for playback on a digital cinema platform.
- With locations worldwide, Technicolor offers the most comprehensive set of digital cinema distribution services in the industry including replication, satellite and hard drive distribution and digital key management.
Technicolor satellite distribution service automatically delivers digital cinema content to a Technicolor ThinGest server which is installed within your theatre. A small satellite dish is required and installed free of charge, routing to an equipment rack in your theatre.
Satellite distribution provides
- Digital cinema content and keys delivered electronically
- Built-in management and control system
- Seamless integration and ingest options
- Two-way satellite system enables remote monitoring and support
- ThinGest server captures content and stores until ready
- Live streaming capability
Subtitling & Versioning
- Technicolor’s Los Angeles-based language specialists provide translations to studio-produced features in over 45 languages. The dedicated team provides subtitling and versioning for 2D, 3D, IMAX, film and digital theatrical releases as well as DVD and BluRay productions. Technicolor uses proprietary software for 3D text depth mapping to ensure quality viewing of subtitles. We also provide customers with client-facing quality controls to facilitate studio demands for consistency.