- MARKETING SERVICES
- DIGITAL CINEMA
Our Theatrical Services in Los Angeles range from dailies, scanning and editorial to VFX, DI processing, graphics and titles. We also provide international versioning and subtitling for feature films, including both theatrical release and digital distribution. We provide filmmakers with the best possible post production services available throughout Los Angeles, and are now processing large format film projects in our new Glendale facility.
We have created a global, world-class model of international operation that fosters the creative process while removing time, travel, shipping and airport security from the equation – saving studios and productions valuable resources.
- Far reaching projects now require global mobile agility. Our well respected team is here to provide solutions to your ever-changing workflow needs and manage the dailies and deliverables process anywhere your production takes you. Comprised of a cohesive group of production engineers, software developers and dailies timers our On Location Services team has worked extensively on location for mobile global projects to ensure a seamless production.
- Technicolor’s DP Lights is a high quality on-set color primary grading toolset that creates looks in real time during production, and allows the DP to adjust for lighting and story subtleties while experiencing film print viewing. DP Lights is compliant with the ASC CDL (Color Decision List), which offers a more efficient post production experience by guaranteeing the consistency of looks from color corrected dailies to final movie. Our system can go on-set to provide instantaneous color correction and pre-visualization for total creative control matching set lighting and is compatible with our digital dailies solution.
- To facilitate your production experience (from content acquisition flowing seamlessly into editorial) we are introducing our latest innovations for a comprehensive, file-based digital dailies solution. We have developed new proprietary software to automate the digital dailies workflow and render deliverables effortlessly- regardless of your camera file.
Originally developed by our Technicolor Cahuenga team of production engineers, software developers and dailies timers, this new solution brings together the best facets of Technicolor’s existing color science, including the latest evolution of DP Lights™ and post-production expertise.
This new solution is an automated file-based software for dailies that we can deploy on-location (or near location) for productions but have also installed within many of our global locations- unifying our dailies offering on-location and in-house.
This software-based solution can provide a bevy of services via its “one box” approach for all dailies operations. It delivers editorial material (AVID, etc.), desktop dailies (Pix, Dax, iPad) and can render material on DVD and BluRay in minutes.
- For theatrical features photographed on film, scanning remains the first step into the editorial and digital intermediate processes, requiring care on the part of the operator, and quality of the actual telecine transfer.
- Set up to mirror a production’s workflow, Technicolor's editors work virtually alongside a film’s editorial team. Our talented, renowned editors work step by step throughout principal photography and post, ensuring that the filmmaker’s final cut is exactly as intended. Our secure, high-speed data pipeline also allows visual effects to be integrated into the film’s final cut from facilities all over the world.
- With dedicated resources and a team of visual effects artists Technicolor Hollywood’s VFX group specializes in 2D and Stereo compositing. We are able to easily integrate our robust VFX offering into your workflow and across all of our post services. Our team of artists collaboratively works with you to ensure photo-realistic and seamless effects no matter which camera format or workflow is utilized, or final look desired.
- We launched our DI (digital intermediate) business in late 2001 – and within a decade, our digital intermediate process became the de facto standard in the motion picture business. Our gifted digital colorists provide real-time HD, 2K, or 4K digital intermediate color correction for many of the most talented filmmakers in the industry.
Graphics & Titles
- Our Hollywood Graphics and Titles team is led by Eric Ladd, a seasoned veteran who produces titles for both broadcast production and theatrical features alike – all with remarkable flair and an addressable price point.
- Technicolor’s International Versioning process uses a global network of language specialists to meet the “day-and-date” international theatrical release requirements of studio distributed motion pictures. The film industry continues to thrive on global theatrical releases and relies on us to provide versioning services in over 45 languages. We are based in Los Angeles with offices in London.
Subtitling & Versioning
- Our Los Angeles-based language specialists provide translations to studio-produced features in over 45 languages. The dedicated team provides subtitling and versioning for 2D, 3D, IMAX, film and digital theatrical releases as well as DVD and BluRay productions. Technicolor uses proprietary software for 3D text depth mapping to ensure quality viewing of subtitles. We also provide customers with client-facing quality controls to facilitate studio demands for consistency.
- Technicolor was the first major post production company to offer multiple solutions for film recording. In addition to managing a number of ARRILASER DI recorders, we were also a pilot provider for the Cinevator solution. Capable of printing at approximately 48 times the rate of an ARRILASER and manufacturing multiple negatives, Cinevator has contributed to Technicolor’s reputation as the world leader in theatrical film-out processes.
- In response to the industry-driven transition toward a more digital approach to capture and workflows, we have made the decision to focus on digital color science, work flows, and finishes. We will now process only 65mm/70mm large format film in Glendale.
We will process these large format projects in our newly built, state-of-the-art film processing lab in Glendale, CA. This facility is run by the most respected timers in film, and it provides them with the resources and technology they need to produce high-volume and high-quality prints for all of your largest blockbusters at the same time.
If you have a 35mm or unique film project, we will service your project through our trusted affiliates.