Technicolor provides you with innovative digital distribution technologies, developed in our Research & Development laboratories. Today, our labs employ 345 researchers and have compiled over 42,000 patents and patent applications throughout the world.
We offer you a wide range of digital distribution services, including digital cinema package (DCP) creation, digital coding (in 2D or 3D), and digital restoration.
- We create the DCP copies you need for theatrical distribution and ensure they are delivered according to your budget and schedule.
- From your source (35 mm, 3D video, MPEG, DV, etc.), we code your production on a mezzanine file, a very high-quality master file, before converting it to the required formats.
Technicolor also prepares your distribution files, adapts them for different platforms (Netflix, Blu-ray, DVD, VOD, DCP, iTunes Store, etc.) and manages their distribution.
We have been an official partner of the iTunes Store since 2008.
- We archive your productions on Technicolor’s digital platform, protecting your assets from damage, theft and quality deterioration. We can access your content whenever you need it and transfer it to the requested platform.
Subtitling for the hearing impaired
- Technicolor can encode your productions for the hearing impaired, whether for television, cinema or the web.
- Today, versioning is more than ever about the manipulation of ultra-confidential content and the day and date release of feature films. Thanks to its global network of studios located in Montreal, Toronto, Los Angeles, Paris, London, Rome and Bangkok, Technicolor can provide you with professional versioning services in over 35 languages.
- Using Northlight scanner technology, we scan your 16 mm and 35 mm film in 2K to 6K resolution. We also enlarge film frames using Arrilaser film recorders.
- No matter which broadcaster or distributor you are working with, we will adapt the deliverables to meet your partners’ broadcasting criteria:
- Standard definition (SD) or high definition (HD)
- Digital format or physical media
- PAL (European) or NTSC (North American) format
- Technicolor can distribute all of your cinema spots, including movie trailers and product and service advertisements. We produce your digital cinema package (DCP) for digital movie theaters and continue to blow out 35 mm copies for traditional theaters.
We also distribute your files electronically to broadcasters via our secure network, or on physical media, in high definition (HD) or standard definition (SD).