From digital dailies through to distribution, Technicolor is a one-stop shop for all of your post production needs. Our strength lies in our artists’ talent, our capacity to innovate, and our commitment to R&D. Our highly skilled and passionate teams provide reliable and customized post production solutions aligned with your creative vision, production challenges and budget.
You can rely on Technicolor: our facilities comply with MPAA (Motion Picture Association of America) standards, which guarantee the security of your content.
- Our studios are equipped to work in 2K, 4K and 6K resolutions and we have editing rooms for 2D, 3D, RealD and XPAND productions.
Our secure digital network gives you access to our solutions all over the world. This network and our real-time technology connect all Technicolor sites, guaranteeing flexibility and efficiency for your projects, wherever you may be.
And our talented and experienced colourists, editors, assistant and project managers take great care to provide you with a unique postproduction experience.
- Our team will offer you customized solutions from your project’s inception. We establish an efficient and economical workflow with you, taking your filming conditions, equipment, budget and broadcasting formats into consideration. Our goal is to ensure smooth, hassle-free production and post production.
- Our secure network enables you to film anywhere in the world, transfer your data and view the dailies just a few hours later, wherever you are, in real time, on an iPad, iPhone, your laptop or on the web. Your data is then converted to the format of your choice in preparation for editing.
Our digital dailies management ensures optimal project efficiency and cost-effectiveness, while reducing data transfer between different devices.
Technicolor also guarantees the integrity of your productions and the security of your data, which will automatically be saved and stored on our secure server.
- As part of our on-location services, we provide you with a data kit that includes DP Lights™—an exclusive Technicolor system that can be deployed as a pre-visualization, on-location colour correction tool that creates looks in real time during production. This gives you adjusted dailies from day one of editing. Our expert technicians are trained in Technicolor Colour Science and specialize in areas such as slow motion capture, 3D production, colour grading, and data management.
Our On-location Truck is a mobile colour correction studio providing a comfortable space that can be used as a studio, a viewing room and a meeting room for the production team.
Throughout your shoot, Technicolor engineers will be available to help you identify potential colour-related problems before they impact your budget. They can also offer fast and effective post production solutions to correct unforeseen issues that may have occurred during shooting.
- With over 100 years of film developing experience, our laboratory continues to process films (35mm and 16mm). We develop your negatives and transfer them on the media of your choice (HD, 2K and derivatives such as Quick Time, etc.).
- Using Northlight scanner technology, we scan your 16 mm and 35 mm film in 2K to 6K resolution. We also enlarge film frames using Arrilaser film recorders.
- Our experienced client services department will work with you through your entire project and will come up with the best solutions tailored to your budget and your production constraints.
Our editing suites are equipped with Avid and Final Cut Pro software, on PC or Mac. A technical director is always available to help you with technical issues, while our editors and assistants remain at your service day and night. Projectors are also available, so you can see the evolution of your project on the big screen.
Finally, our studios are connected to one main server. This means that several editors can work simultaneously on your project, enabling you to meet shorter deadlines.
- Our renowned editors and colourists work together to provide you with a smooth and efficient post production process. Whether your project is for cinema or television, our online editors know how to bring it to life. Our colourists’ goal is to make your images appear exactly as you imagined them, while making sure your experience at Technicolor is unique!
Project after project, satisfied clients continue to return to Technicolor to collaborate with our renowned colourists. In feature, Nico Illes, Head colourist renowned in Canada, US and Europe and winner of the daVinci Prize in 2004 “Master Colourist – Theatrical Release” for his work on Confession of a Dangerous Mind. For feature and documentary projects, Eric Gaudry, the talent behind Last Train Home, Genie Award Winner for Best Documentary, and most recently with China Heavyweight.
Our editing rooms and colour correction suites share the same servers, accelerating process execution. They all come standard with Autodesk Lustre, Smoke and Flame Premium software, and are connected to Technicolor’s high-speed, secure network.
If you prefer to work with your own editor, our online studios are also available for rent. Our professionals will always be on hand to provide you with Technicolor expertise and technical support.
- Technicolor maintains a close relationship with its flagship visual effects business, MPC, one of the leading VFX providers in the industry. The quality of MPC’s creative is reflected in its high industry demand and its high number of return customers. With facilities in London, New York, Los Angeles, Vancouver and Bangalore, MPC teams can work around the clock with you!
- Whether you are shooting a feature film or content for television, our 3D experts are available to advise you. With lengthy experience on Hollywood sets, our experts offer their support on your 3D master images, from creation to delivery, indicating the best ways to get the most out of your 3D shoots.
Our experts can also help you achieve CERTIFI3D certification - the stereoscopic quality standards developed by Technicolor. When implemented during shooting, these standards enable you to maximize your 3D post production.
Our range of 3D services includes:
- 3D front-end and dailies services
- Editing, colour correction and matching, stereoscopic sweetening and 3D image finishing
- 3D subtitling
- digital distribution
- Our design teams know how to create opening and closing credits, as well as simple and complex animation - whether for television, cinema or the web.
At Technicolor, we understand that each broadcaster requires a specific deliverable format. This is why we produce as many openings and credits as you have deliverables, and in all requested languages.