Technicolor provided sound post production for acclaimed television and cinematographic productions, including Café de Flore, Polytechnique, Babine, Marécages, The Pillars of the Earth and Piranha 3D, as well as a number of IMAX productions, such as Journey to Mecca: in the Footsteps of Ibn Battuta, and The Ultimate Wave: Tahiti 3D.
When you entrust your film to Technicolor’s sound team, you benefit from the experience and talent of our award winning artists. These include Emmy Awards as well as Jutra, Genie, Gémeaux, Gemini and Motion Picture Sound Editors’ Golden Reel Awards (USA).
Our audio post production facilities are compatible with virtually all audio systems and formats, providing a cohesive and continuous workflow. Our robust digital storage services provide the highest level of protection for your assets. We also offer secure, high-speed connectivity to digital and audio post-production facilities around the world.
This is why so many directors and producers place their trust in us, film after film.
Our facilities include:
- 1 Foley Studio
- 1 ADR Studio
- 5 Mixing Studios for features and television productions
- 20 Sound design Studios
- All of our mixing studios are equipped with Pro Tools and Nuendo systems, and our main studios are equipped with Euphonix MC5 consoles, HD movie screens as well as 5.1, 7.1 and IMAX audio systems.
Our artists regularly mix for animated content, documentaries, broadcast productions, full-length features, video games and advertising.
Technicolor can also mix your film’s soundtrack. In fact, our large Olympe studio makes it possible for composers to listen to their work as it would sound in movie theaters.
- Our ADR studios are equipped with Pro Tools software and offer a wide selection of high-end microphones. Our ISDN and Source-Connect lines can easily connect to other studios, enabling our sound recordists to record voices from almost anywhere on the planet. The digital lip-sync band “Dub Studio” is also available for recordings.
We offer ADR service whether for a full-length feature, or a television production and we can record voice over for animated or video game content.
The control room of our main ADR studio, Penelope, is large enough to accommodate several members of the production team and offer a separate meeting room.
- Whether for feature films, TV shows or video games, Technicolor’s team puts your creative vision at the forefront, while respecting your production deadlines and budget. We have worked on numerous video games, such as Uncharted 3, Dragon age and Army of two II; as well as a great number of local and foreign feature productions, like Mud, Surviving Progress, Café de Flore, Bang Bang Club, Gerry, and Piranha 3D.
Our Foley studios stand apart from the competition thanks of the experience and know-how of our Foley artists and sound recordists, many of whom have been recognized for their work at the Emmy, Genie, Jutras and Gemini awards. International sound teams, such as those of John Ross and Andy Malcolm, come from all over the continent to work with Technicolor engineers.
Our Foley studios have a wide array of props, multiple surfaces, water tanks, and sound isolation booths. The control rooms are large and comfortable, and separate client areas are available. Our main platform is Pro Tools and we are connected to the secure Technicolor Production Network (TPN) worldwide.
- Our sound design team has a bank of over 190,000 original sounds at its disposal to create whatever sounds you need for your film. Along with this rich collection—compiled over the last 25 years—we have sound recording capabilities to match your project’s needs.
Our team can be involved during your project’s writing stage, identifying which sounds should be recorded during shooting and those that are better suited for studio recording.
We can also help in developing your production’s soundscape during the picture editing phase. This facilitates a creative exchange from your project’s inception.