Harness the full potential of your DSLR Camera with Technicolor's CineStyle Profile - A FREE download that boosts the dynamic range in your camera.
With the CineStyle profile installed on your DSLR, you can:
- Create a unique Hollywood feel to your productions that matches the look and color capabilities of much more expensive equipment and processes.
- Capture clips that can easily be color graded to match different cinematic styles from various sources and genres, including 35mm film.
- Exploit a far greater dynamic color range when shooting in difficult lighting conditions.
- Seamlessly intercut DSLR-based footage with content from other cinema-quality cameras such as RED, ARRI ALEXA, SONY and 35mm film.
Download Cinestyle Profile
Frequently Asked Questions
Who developed CineStyle Profile?
The CineStyle Profile was created by Technicolor color scientists and engineers.
Why was CineStyle Profile developed?
Technicolor is responding to industry demand from cinematographers for enhanced flexibility in capturing images from digital cameras.
How does CineStyle Profile help the cinematographer?
The Technicolor CineStyle Profile provides better dynamic range of the captured content. This allows for greater artistic freedom during the color grading process in post-production.
What does CineStyle Profile do to the image?
When the Technicolor CineStyle Profile is selected in the camera, video images are recorded in log space. In layman’s terms, though the image will appear flat and de-saturated, there is actually more detail retained in the shadows and mid-tones which is excellent for color grading.
Can it be used for all Canon EOS cameras?
Although the Technicolor CineStyle Profile was designed and optimized for the Canon EOS-5D Mark II camera, the Technicolor CineStyle can be installed and used on any current Canon EOS DSLR camera.
What are the recommended Canon EOS-5D Mark II camera settings to obtain optimal image quality?
We recommend the following settings:
- Sharpness: 0
- Contrast: -4
- Saturation: -2
- Color Tone: 0
- ISO: a multiple of 160
What are requirements to use the CineStyle Profile?
- Canon EOS DSLR camera
- Canon EOS utility
- USB Cable
- PC – Windows 7/Vista/XP; or Mac – Mac OS X 10.5/10.6+
How do I load CineStyle Profile to my Canon camera?
Please see the steps below:
- Ensure that EOS Utility v2.6 or later is installed on your computer
- Download the Technicolor CineStyle™ Profile on this page
- Connect your camera to your computer using the appropriate USB cable
- Note: for the EOS 5D Mark II you may need to set "Communication" to "PC connect" in the camera's menu
- Start the Canon EOS Utility
- Select "Camera settings/Remote shooting" on the main window
- Once the capture window opens, click the camera icon
- Click "Register User Defined style" under "Shooting menu"
- Once the new page "Register Picture Style File" opens, select one of User Def. 1, 2 or 3 at the top of the new page
- Click the open file icon
- Select the CineStyle.pf2 file you've just downloaded
- Click on OK
Congratulations, the Technicolor CineStyle Profile is now loaded in your camera! You should confirm that the Profile has been properly loaded by pressing the Picture Style selection button at the back of the camera and using the thumbwheel on top of the camera to scroll through the styles.