Matt and Ross Duffer
Creator of Stranger Things
- The inspiration for Stranger Things was their experience growing up in North Carolina and their love of classic 80s cinema.
- They studied film at Chapman University then spent years as assistants within the film industry.
- Their directorial debut was the 2015 feature film Hidden, color graded by Technicolor senior colorist Maxine Gervais.
Director of Only the Brave
- Kosinski studied at the Columbia Graduate School of Architecture, Planning, and Preservation before going into commercials and film.
- His directorial debut was Disney’s science fiction film Tron: Legacy.
- He has collaborated with Technicolor Senior Colorist Mike Sowa on the films Oblivion and Only the Brave.
David F. Sandberg
Director of Annabelle: Creation
- Sandberg launched his career in Hollywood with Lights Out, a short horror film that went viral in 2013.
- The director collaborated with Technicolor for his feature film debut, adapted from the highly successful short.
- Technicolor Sound reteamed with Sandberg for Annabelle: Creation, delivering more scares in The Conjuring Universe.
Director of The Zookeeper's Wife
- Caro’s films have earned nominations and wins from Sundance, BAFTA, Cannes, and Independent Spirit Awards, and she has directed three actresses to Oscar nominations.
- The director of Whale Rider and North Country first collaborated with Technicolor on her film, McFarland, USA (2015).
- Caro returned to Technicolor to unleash the immersive sounds of war on The Zookeeper’s Wife.
Director of IMAX's A Beautiful Planet
- Myers is a filmmaker known for her amazing IMAX space documentaries narrated by major stars such as Tom Cruise, Leonardo DiCaprio, and Jennifer Lawrence.
- The director's work includes Space Station 3D, the first 3D live-action film to be shot in space, and Hubble 3D, chronicling the repair of the renowned space telescope.
- Technicolor worked with Myers on A Beautiful Planet (2016), which captures exclusive footage and a new perspective of Earth from the International Space Station.
Director ofKubo and the Two Strings
- Knight is the CEO of Laika, the company behind the stop-motion animated filmsCoraline,ParaNorman, andThe Boxtrolls.
- Technicolor collaborated with Knight on his directorial debut,Kubo and the Two Strings, with Oscar-winners Charlize Theron and Matthew McConaughey.
- Kubo and the Two Stringswas the director’s first experience with HDR, and the visually-stunning animated feature earned Laika its 5th Oscar nomination in this category.
VFX Supervisor on Disney's The Jungle Book
- Legato is a master of VFX who developed his virtual production methodology on Martin Scorsese’s The Aviator and further refined it on James Cameron’s Avatar.
- Among his awards are Oscars for Best Achievement in Visual Effects on Titanic and Hugo, and a nomination in the same category for Apollo 13.
- Technicolor’s most recent collaboration with Legato was onThe Jungle Book, which also won an Oscar for the VFX team, including MPC’sAdam Valdez.
Director of The Huntsman: Winter's War
- Nicolas-Troyan is known for his visual effects work on such films as Snow White and the Huntsman, for which he received his first Oscar nomination.
- The Mill, a Technicolor company, provided VFX on Carrot vs. Ninja, a short film that saw Nicolas-Troyan transitioning to director.
- The filmmaker engaged Technicolor for an array of services on his feature film directorial debut, The Huntsman: Winter's War.