My main research area covers picture quality enhancement,spatio-temporal effects in video sequence, motion estimation/compensation, flat panel display addressing and technologies.
For the last two years, I have been working on color mapping and High Dynamic Range (HDR) video topics
I am involved in color mapping project for professional video post production and in HDR topic, particularly on reverse tone mapping algorithm development
List of achievements:
Transfers to Business Units/ Customers:
- Color plane registration module for film restoration developed and integrated in a Technicolor restoration tool (2011)
- Real time motion estimation/compensation 50 inches plasma prototype upgraded and transferred (from 2003 to 2009)
- Real time deinterlacing algorithm was implemented on PC platform and is used in a Mobile TV platform for mobile phone application (2008)
- A high definition version of a HD_motion estimator (2005) was integrated in a MPEG2/4 encoder product.
- SD video motion estimator (2001), this IP block is used in the pre processing module of a professional video encoder product.