Ngoc Q. K. Duong
Ngoc Q. K. Duong is currently Senior Scientist at Technicolor R&D France, where he has worked since 2011. Prior to that, he obtained the Ph.D. degree at the French National Institute for Research in Computer Science and Control (INRIA), Rennes, France in the same year. He hold the M.S. degree in electronic engineering from Paichai University, Korea, in 2008, and the B.S. degree from Posts and Telecommunications Institute of Technology, Vietnam, in 2005. His research interest concerns statistical signal processing, multimedia analysis, and machine learning. He is Associate Editor of the IEICE Transactions on Information and Systems, Senior member of IEEE, and regularly serves on the technical program committee of various international conferences. He has received several research awards, including the IEEE Signal Processing Society Young Author Best Paper Award in 2012 and the Bretagne Young Researcher Award in 2015. He is the co-author of more than 40 peer-reviewed scientific publications and the co-inventor of about 30 granted and pending patents.
- Statistical signal processing applied to audio, speech, and music
- Machine learning techniques applied to audio, image, and video analysis
- Audio source separation and speech enhancement
- Affective computing
Most published papers can be found in the GoogleScholar page.
- Co-organized a special section “Predicting User Perceptions of Multimedia Content,” Proc. ACM ICMR 2018
- Co-organized the “Predicting Media Memorability Task” at the MediaEval Benchmarking Initiative for Multimedia Evaluation, 2018
- Co-organized a special section “Identifying and Linking Interesting Content in Large Audiovisual Repositories,” Proc. ACM ICMR 2017g
- Co-organized the “Predicting Media Interestingness Task” at the MediaEval Benchmarking Initiative for Multimedia Evaluation, 2017
- Co-organized the “Predicting Media Interestingness Task” at the MediaEval Benchmarking Initiative for Multimedia Evaluation, 2016
- Local organizing committee: 9th International Conference on Latent Variable Analysis and Signal Separation (LVA/ICA), 2010, France
- Organizing committee: Second international community-based Signal Separation Evaluation Campaign (SiSEC 2010)
- Regular journal review: IEEE/ACM Transaction on Audio Speech and Language Processing, IEEE Signal Pocessing Letter, Speech Communication (Elsevier), Signal Processing (Springer).
- Regular conference review: ICASSP, EUSIPCO, WASPAA, LVA/ICA, ICCE, ICMR, ...