Successful demo at Technicolor's Science & Technology Week 2012.
After obtaining a PhD (Dr.-Ing.) in Biomedical engineering from the University of Technology of Compiègne (UTC) in 1985, I worked for the Caption Company (Telmat Group) in the 3D graphics domain in which I played the role of system architect (hardware & software).
I have joined Technicolor R&D France (formerly Thomson R&D France) in 1999 to bring my expertise in multimedia system architecture for MPEG-4 Systems applications development. I am currently working on cinema content acquisition technologies including stereo and depth signal acquisition.
All along my career, I have been involved in french and european collaborative projects, the most recently one being 3D4YOU.
- Computer Vision & Graphics
- Signal processing and video coding
- System architectures.
- MPEG-4 Systems - Multimedia streaming
- Video streaming over IP
- HDTV encoder (support to Grass Valley)
- 3DTV coding algorithms (disparity map transmission)
- Video content acquition with trifocal camera rig + depth sensor
Involved in several European and French collaborative projects.
VIMP (ESPRIT), MONOGRAPH (ESPRIT), PISTE (IST), OZONE (IST), Passepartout (ITEA), 3D4YOU (IST)